The World Professional Boxing Federation (WPBF)™ is an international sanctioning body that sanctions professional boxing matches and awards the WPBF world championship title and subordinate championship title. It is dedicated to promoting and serving the sport of professional boxing,and to implementing uniform safety measures, computerized rankings system and uniform procedures for the protection of professional boxers as well as the conduct of championship matches,and implementing fairness and equal opportunities at all times, impartially, honestly and fairly to everybody, with its own authority to regulate, control and supervise the conduct of sanctioned matches in its own jurisdictions, throughout the Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and Latin America.
The World Professional Boxing Federation (WPBF)™ is the world's first boxing sanctioning body to implementing an independent and unbiased computerized rankings system for the rankings of elite men's and women's professional boxers from all over the world,in an effort to bring more credibility to the sport of boxing to replace the myriad of subjective rankings that have become skewed, as well as to rebuild confidence of the fans and the media in crowning worthy and legitimate world champions.
The history of World Professional Boxing Federation (WPBF)™ can be traced back to the original World Boxing Empire (WBE) founded in 1998, then under the name World Boxing Syndicate (WBS). In October of 2005, the United States Boxing Council (USBC)™ became affiliated with the WBE, and then WBE was officially renamed as World Professional Boxing Federation™ in 2006.
OUR VISION & MISSION
• To working towards a common goal of insuring health, safety and protection in the sport of boxing, and to protect and ensure the safety and welfare of professional boxers around the world;
• To prevent all methods or practices which might severely damages the integrity, image and value of boxing, to promote the sport of boxing as integrity, equity, fairness, transparency and healthy exercise;
• To implement a fair, equitable, scientific, independent and objective computerized rankings system for the ratings of professional boxers, and to provide a fairness and equal opportunity at all times to all associated parties and participants;
• To create a sustainable competitive advantage to provide more opportunities for the best and brightest boxers to help their dreams come true, as well as achieve our common goal;
• To increase high-quality competition, and to recognize the best boxer as our Champion, and to ensure the boxing fans around the world to enjoy a higher levels of competition;
• To enhance the overall quality of ring officials and improve their ethics, and professional conduct, and to ensure the greater equity, transparency and fairness for the result of each competition;
OUR CORE VALUES
Our core values of Honesty - Fairness - Equity - Integrity - Objectivity - Transparency - Accountability define who we are and how we work.
OUR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
• To utilize boxing to promote a deeper friendship, solidarity, international respect and goodwill among nations, through the unity of a united boxing family, and absolutely opposed to any kind of discrimination based on national origin, racism, color, gender or religious beliefs.
• To support the achievement of social, economic development and human progress, world peace, and the Millennium Development Goals, and to encourage every WPBF members and boxing fans around the world come together to achieve the common goal of building a better world.
• The sport of boxing has always been a symbol of Self-confidence, Courage, Perseverance, Mental Toughness, Strategy, Patience and Determination, the sporting spirit of boxing can have a positive influence on everyone, the WPBF promised to spread and popularize the sporting spirit of professional boxers, and bring a positive influence to everyone, especially the younger generation.
OUR CORE STRENGTHS
As we all know very well that the boxing rankings are arguably the most subjective rankings in the world of sports, it has always been a highly controversial issue in the boxing industry. Wherefore, we has hired a former IBM senior software engineer and an experienced sports statistician created a fair, scientific, accurate, objective independent and unbiased computerized rankings system for the rankings of elite professional boxers from all over the world, in order to create a completely objective, independent and unbiased rankings system for elite professional boxers to replace the myriad of subjective rankings that have become skewed.
OUR FUTURE DEVELOPMENT PLANS
In an effort to protect the interests of WPBF ranked male and female professional boxers from all over the world, and to change the image and reputation of our sport with Fairness, Equity, Integrity, Transparency, Popularity, Safety and Healthy, as well as to rebuild confidence of the fans and the media in crowning worthy and legitimate world champions. For these reasons, we are looking for better opportunities for cooperation to start-up the WPBF Tournament series, instead of just having routine boxing matches, and to change the traditional competition format and promotional styles, to provide an innovative tournament format and promotional styles for a new generation of audiences and promoters. And we are also working towards a common goal of anti-unfair competition and unsportsmanlike conduct and to improve the sport of boxing as equity, fairness, transparency, safety and healthy exercise.